Plan Your Visit
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What time are you open until?
A: We operate from 9:00am to 6:15pm Sunday to Monday inclusive (last koala photo at 6:30pm, last entry into the Wildlife Park and for ZOOM Activities at 5:00pm), and 9:00am to 8:00pm Saturday (excluding Christmas Day).
Q: What are the requirements to participate in ZOOM activities?
A: You must be at least six years of age, at least 120cm tall and weigh less than 120kg (Note: For Hi-ZOOM you need to be at least 140cm tall).
Q: Can children participate in ZOOM activities by themselves?
A: Children under 16 years of age may not be left unattended, therefore a parent or guardian over 18 years of age must be in attendance to sign the paperwork and to observe them while they are here at Cairns ZOOM & Wildlife Dome.
Q: If I enjoy the ZOOM activities, can I upgrade to a membership?
A: If you enjoyed your ZOOM experience and want to upgrade to a membership, you can do so on the day of participating in the activities.
Q: What should I wear when participating in ZOOM activities?
A: Guests must wear enclosed shoes (shoe hire is available), shorts/pants (no skirts or dresses) and a top with no loose jewellery that may get caught on your harness.
Q: Can I decide to do the ZOOM activities if I only purchase a Wildlife Dome entry?
A: Yes, just go to the ZOOM Welcome Desk upstairs to pay the upgrade costs.
Q: When can I have a photo taken with the wildlife?
A: Koala photos are taken every hour from 9:30am to 6:30pm. Snake and crocodile photos are taken at the same time until 4:30pm. Due to animal welfare please be aware there are size restrictions for holding koalas. Photos are taken in our special photography area next to Reception/Gift Shop.
Q: Can I bring in my own food and drinks to the Cairns ZOOM & Wildlife Dome?
A: No food of any kind is allowed upstairs in the Wildlife Dome due to Queensland Health guidelines. However, you may bring drink bottles. We also have a large range of cold drinks available for sale.
Q: Do I have to pay if I am only a spectator?
A: As you are entering a wildlife immersion exhibit surrounded by wildlife and can attend all the shows and tours, you are required to pay the wildlife entry ticket price.
Q: Do you offer birthday parties?
A: Yes, please email email@example.com to obtain details of the different group options.
Q: Can I purchase a koala/wildlife photo without entry?
A: Yes, you can have a photo with a koala, snake or crocodile at the advertised sessions.
Q.What is included if I have a 4 Park Pass?
A: Your 4 Park Pass is valid for Wildlife Habitat admission which includes the daily scheduled free tours and presentations.
Sunday to Friday inclusive, the park opens at 9am with a 6:15pm closure. Last koala photos are taken at 6:30pm and last entry is at 5pm. On Saturday the park opens at 9am with an 8pm closure. Last koala photos are taken at 6:30pm and last entry is at 6pm.
How to Get Here
We are located on Port Douglas Road at the entrance to Port Douglas with local shuttle buses operating regularly from Cairns, the Northern Beaches and Port Douglas to our front door.
From Port Douglas:
From Cairns (50 minutes) and Northern Beaches (35 minutes):
Facilities at the Wildlife Habitat Port Douglas include:
- Curlew Café & Bar
- Free Wi-fi
- Gift and Souvenir Shop
- Parking adjacent to the park
- Anti-bacterial Hand sanitisers throughout the park
- Wheelchair hire (no charge)
- Visitor Information and Tour Bookings
- Baby change facilities
- Stroller hire ($10 hire fee)
- Open 8am to 5pm daily except Christmas Day (25th December)
- Children’s prices apply if the child is between the ages of 4 to 14 years
- Children must be supervised by an adult at all times
- Prices are valid to 31st March each calendar year
- Admission includes access to standard tours and presentations
- Times are subject to change
- Shoes must be worn at all times
- Guests must keep to the pathways at all times
- No outside food permitted in the park
- No smoking within the park
- Standard Admission is a 5 consecutive day entry pass
Should you need information or assistance during your visit, please ask any of our friendly staff who will attend to your needs or email your query to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you still have any questions that we haven't answered, please don't hesitate to contact our friendly team at email@example.com or call us on +61 7 4031 7250
Events email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Gift & Souvenir Shop
We have a range of clothing, soft toys, books and souvenirs for you to buy as a gift for family and friends, or to remember the fun you had at Wildlife Habitat. Don't forget, you can take a wildlife photo with a koala, python, corocdile or our daily Feature Creature at "The Hut". (check out the photo times here).
Food & Drink
Enjoy daily in our main restaurant, Breakfast with the Birds from 8:00am to 10:30am or Lunch with the Lorikeets from 12:00pm to 2:00pm. Or why not try our new private dining experience ‘Picnic with the Parrots’ served on our Rainforest Beach. Available until 2pm daily, 30 minute preparation time is required.
You can also enjoy all day service of snacks, beverages and a licensed bar at our Curlew Café & Restaurant which opens from 8am to 3pm (4pm during high season and school holidays). With the licensed bar available from 10am daily.
Please note: No outside food permitted on the premises
During your visit why not have a souvenir photo taken with one of our amazing animals?
During our Feature Creature photo sessions you can choose from a koala, crocodile, python and the daily featured creature:-
9.15am Feature Creature Souvenir photo
10.45am Koala Presentation and Souvenir photo
1.00pm Feature Creature Souvenir photo
3.30pm Feature Creature Souvenir photo
The daily featured creature may include blue tongue lizard, Black cockatoos, frogmouths, lorikeets and more! Just ask our staff on the day you visit.
Opening Hours & Prices
Open daily from 8am to 5pm
Closed Christmas Day (25th December)
(Includes 5 day entry)
Child $17.00 (4-14yrs)
Family: $85.00 (2A+2C)
- Breakfast with the Birds operates from 8:00am to 10:30am
- Lunch with the Lorikeets operates from 12.00pm to 2.00pm
- Picnic with the Parrots available daily until 2.00pm
- Curlew Café & bar is open from 8am to 3pm and the licensed bar is open from 10am daily
- YOUR Wildlife Habitat – 24 hour booking notification required
- WildNIGHT Nocturnal tour operates 5:30pm – 7:30pm during Winter and 6:00pm – 8:00pm during Summer, bookings essential
Free parking is available in the Wildlife Habitat carpark.
Wildlife Habitat in Port Douglas is an immersion wildlife experience set across four different habitats. It has recently been voted #4 zoo in Australia in the TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice Award and is rated the #1 zoo in Tropical North Queensland.
The following enclosures/animals are currently off display due to updating or cleaning in their enclosure.
- Partial closure of Estuarine crocodile boardwalk and Freshwater crocodile boardwalk
- Please be aware that Wildlife Habitat will be starting construction on a new restaurant roof installation. Due to this, there may be disruptions up until late June 2017 while we undergo these upgrades. During this time, the café will be in a different location to usual, however, will still be serving food daily in a slightly modified format. There will be 2 days where we will be unable to offer our buffet breakfast/lunch and guests will only be able to purchase pre-prepared food from the café. On the below dates we will not be able to take any bookings for Breakfast with the Birds or Lunch with the Lorikeets.
- Sunday 7th May 2017
For the remaining dates there will be modified Breakfast with the Birds buffet and Lunch with the Lorikeets buffet. We apologise for any inconvenience.
Tours & Presentations
9.00am Bird Interactive Experience
9.15am Feature Creature Souvenir Photos
9.30am Rainforest & Cassowary Feeding Tour
10.10am Wetlands Feeding Tour
10.45am Koala Presentation & Souvenir Photos
11.15am Savannah & Lumholtz Tree Kangaroo Tour
11.45am North Queensland Reptile Experience
12.30pm Bird Interactive Experience
1.00pm Feature Creature Souvenir Photos
1.30pm Rainforest & Turtle Feeding Tour
2.10pm Wetlands Feeding Tour
2.40pm Koala Feeding
3.00pm Reptile Interaction
3.30pm Feature Creature Souvenir Photos
4.00pm Savannah & Pelican Feeding Tour