Plan Your Visit
Sunday to Friday inclusive, the park opens at 9am with a 6:15pm closure. Last koala photos are taken at 6:30pm and last entry is at 5pm. On Saturday the park opens at 9am with an 8pm closure. Last koala photos are taken at 6:30pm and last entry is at 6pm.
How to Get Here
We are located on Port Douglas Road at the entrance to Port Douglas with local shuttle buses operating regularly from Cairns, the Northern Beaches and Port Douglas to our front door.
From Port Douglas:
From Cairns (50 minutes) and Northern Beaches (35 minutes):
Tropic Wings tours provide two tours that include Wildlife Habitat and pick up from Cairns, Northern Beaches and Port Douglas. (See below)
|Cape Tribulation, Daintree and Wildlife (TCT)||Wildlife Habitat, morning tea, Daintree Cable Ferry, tropical lunch, guided rainforest and beach walk, Alexandra Lookout and Daintree River Cruise.|
|Cape Tribulation, Daintree and Breakfast with The Birds (TCTB)||Wildlife Habitat, Breakfast With The Birds, Daintree Cable Ferry, tropical lunch, guided rainforest and beach walk, Alexandra Lookout and Daintree River Cruise.|
Facilities at the Wildlife Habitat Port Douglas include:
- Curlew Café & Bar
- Free Wi-fi
- Gift and Souvenir Shop
- Parking adjacent to the park
- Anti-bacterial Hand sanitisers throughout the park
- Wheelchair hire (no charge)
- Visitor Information and Tour Bookings
- Baby change facilities
- Stroller hire ($10 hire fee)
- Open 8am to 5pm daily except Christmas Day (25th December)
- Children’s prices apply if the child is between the ages of 4 to 14 years
- Children must be supervised by an adult at all times
- Prices are valid to 31st March each calendar year
- Admission includes access to standard tours and presentations
- Times are subject to change
- Shoes must be worn at all times
- Guests must keep to the pathways at all times
- No outside food permitted in the park
- No smoking within the park
- Standard Admission is a 5 consecutive day entry pass
Should you need information or assistance during your visit, please ask any of our friendly staff who will attend to your needs or email your query to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you still have any questions that we haven't answered, please don't hesitate to contact our friendly team at email@example.com or call us on +61 7 4031 7250
Events email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Gift & Souvenir Shop
We have a range of clothing, soft toys, books and souvenirs for you to buy as a gift for family and friends, or to remember the fun you had at Wildlife Habitat. Don't forget, you can take a wildlife photo with a koala, python, crocodile or our daily Feature Creature at "The Hut". (check out the photo times here).
Food & Drink
Enjoy daily in our main restaurant, Breakfast with the Birds from 9:00am to 10:30am or Lunch with the Lorikeets from 12:00pm to 1:30pm.
You can also enjoy all day service of snacks, beverages and a licensed bar at our Curlew Café & Restaurant which opens from 8am to 3pm (4pm during high season and school holidays). With the licensed bar available from 10am daily.
Please note: No outside food permitted on the premises
During your visit why not have a souvenir photo taken with one of our amazing animals?
During our Feature Creature photo sessions you can choose from a koala, crocodile, python and the daily featured creature:-
9.15am Feature Creature Souvenir photo
10.45am Koala Presentation and Souvenir photo
1.00pm Feature Creature Souvenir photo
3.30pm Feature Creature Souvenir photo
The daily featured creature may include blue tongue lizard, Black cockatoos, frogmouths, lorikeets and more! Just ask our staff on the day you visit.
Opening Hours & Prices
Open daily from 8am to 5pm
Closed Christmas Day (25th December)
(Includes 5 day entry)
Child $18.50 (4-14yrs)
Family: $92.50 (2A+2C)
- Breakfast with the Birds operates from 9:00am to 10:30am
- Lunch with the Lorikeets operates from 12.00pm to 1.30pm
- Curlew Café & bar is open from 8am to 3pm and the licensed bar is open from 10am daily
- YOUR Wildlife Habitat – 24 hour booking notification required
- WildNIGHT Nocturnal tour operates 5:30pm – 7:30pm during Winter and 6:00pm – 8:00pm during Summer, bookings essential. Call to enquire.
Free parking is available in the Wildlife Habitat carpark.
Wildlife Habitat in Port Douglas is an immersion wildlife experience set across four different habitats. It has recently been voted #4 zoo in Australia in the TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice Award and is rated the #1 zoo in Tropical North Queensland.
The following enclosures/animals are currently off display due to updating or cleaning in their enclosure.
- Rainforest Habitat closed for an overhaul and rebuild. Scheduled opening date – April 4th 2020
- 9th-15th March- Wetlands Aviary closed for aviary netting replacement works
- All animals on display
- Please be aware that Wildlife Habitat will have ongoing upgrades and construction
Tours & Presentations
9.00am Bird Interactive Experience
9.15am Feature Creature Souvenir Photos
9.30am Rainforest & Cassowary Feeding Tour
10.10am Wetlands Feeding Tour
10.45am Koala Presentation & Souvenir Photos
11.15am Savannah & Lumholtz Tree Kangaroo Tour
11.45am North Queensland Reptile Experience
12.30pm Bird Interactive Experience
1.00pm Feature Creature Souvenir Photos
1.30pm Rainforest & Turtle Feeding Tour
2.10pm Wetlands Feeding Tour
2.40pm Koala Feeding
3.00pm Reptile Interaction
3.30pm Feature Creature Souvenir Photos
4.00pm Savannah & Pelican Feeding Tour