Port Douglas Careers
Our staff are characterised by their excellent customer service, teamwork and supportive leadership skills. Pursuing a career with us will give you the opportunity to experience enjoyable and challenging work with opportunities for continued learning and self-development.
We believe that different individuals, from different walks of life, cultures and with different interests combine to make our optimal work force. We are committed to diversity in hiring from our management team to our reception and wildlife staff.
We also provide staff the following opportunities to:
- Think of ways to improve the business performance through our Bright Ideas program.
- Learn to apply leadership behaviours to improve staff and their team’s performance through in-house training programs.
- Leverage best practices from collaboration with management and colleagues and apply them on the job.
- Participate in achieving excellent customer service standards through the CaPTAV8 program.
- Engender a community spirit by supporting local causes.
Careers Training Centre
Careers Training Centre is a nationally accredited Registered Training Organisation (RTO No. 40557) that is proud of its multi-cultural diversity and its provision of equal opportunities for all students and employees.
The training centre was established in 2008 by the CaPTA to deliver tailor-made and reliable accredited training to the community and CaPTA employees. It enables individuals and businesses alike, to increase skills and broaden employment opportunities through education and training within the tourism and hospitality industry in Far North Queensland and is a member of the Australian Council for Private Education and Training (ACPET).
CaPTA strives for continuous improvement with innovation and flexibility to offer opportunities in different career paths across all ages. Career development both personally and professionally is encouraged and supported.
Careers Training Centre currently delivers the following accredited courses:
- Certificate III in Captive Animals
- Certificate II through to Diploma in Tourism Guiding
- Certificate II through to Diploma in Hospitality
- Responsible Service of Alcohol
- Customer Service
- Professional Coach Driver training
- Accredited and non accredited short courses designed to suit the individual’s needs.
To learn more about our courses or to enrol visit Careers Training Centre.