Australian Wildlife Experience In Port Douglas
The award-winning Wildlife Habitat is Australia’s leading environmental wildlife experience, providing visitors with a chance to get up close a huge range of iconic Australian animals in their recreated natural environments.
Want to Cuddle a Koala, meet pythons, crocodiles, amazing Australian birds and hand-feed kangaroos? Want to see the endangered Southern Cassowary and Lumholtz’s Tree Kangaroo? Fancy getting up close and personal with Estaurine Crocodiles on our new Predator Plank? Wildlife Habitat Port Douglas offers all this and more!
Located at the entrance to Port Douglas, at Wildlife Habitat you can join our free tours with our standard five day entry pass. Wildlife Habitat is a must do Port Douglas tour, whether you are based in Tropical North Queensland or visiting the region looking for things to do in Port Douglas!
Every day except Christmas Day
8.00am – 5.00pm
Sunday to Friday inclusive, the park opens at 9am with a 6:15pm closure. Last koala photos are taken at 6:30pm and last entry is at 5pm. On Saturday the park opens at 9am with an 8pm closure. Last koala photos are taken at 6:30pm and last entry is at 6pm.
How to Get Here
We are located on Port Douglas Road at the entrance to Port Douglas with local shuttle buses operating regularly from Cairns, the Northern Beaches and Port Douglas to our front door.
From Port Douglas:
From Cairns (50 minutes) and Northern Beaches (35 minutes):
Facilities at the Wildlife Habitat Port Douglas include:
- Curlew Café & Bar
- Free Wi-fi
- Gift and Souvenir Shop
- Parking adjacent to the park
- Anti-bacterial Hand sanitisers throughout the park
- Wheelchair hire (no charge)
- Visitor Information and Tour Bookings
- Baby change facilities
- Stroller hire ($10 hire fee)
- Open 8am to 5pm daily except Christmas Day (25th December)
- Children’s prices apply if the child is between the ages of 4 to 14 years
- Children must be supervised by an adult at all times
- Prices are valid to 31st March each calendar year
- Admission includes access to standard tours and presentations
- Times are subject to change
- Shoes must be worn at all times
- Guests must keep to the pathways at all times
- No outside food permitted in the park
- No smoking within the park
- Standard Admission is a 5 consecutive day entry pass
Should you need information or assistance during your visit, please ask any of our friendly staff who will attend to your needs or email your query to email@example.com
If you still have any questions that we haven't answered, please don't hesitate to contact our friendly team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +61 7 4031 7250
Events email: email@example.com
Gift & Souvenir Shop
We have a range of clothing, soft toys, books and souvenirs for you to buy as a gift for family and friends, or to remember the fun you had at Wildlife Habitat. Don't forget, you can take a wildlife photo with a koala, python, corocdile or our daily Feature Creature at "The Hut". (check out the photo times here).
Food & Drink
Enjoy daily in our main restaurant, Breakfast with the Birds from 9:00am to 10:30am or Lunch with the Lorikeets from 12:00pm to 1:30pm.
You can also enjoy all day service of snacks, beverages and a licensed bar at our Curlew Café & Restaurant which opens from 8am to 3pm (4pm during high season and school holidays). With the licensed bar available from 10am daily.
Please note: No outside food permitted on the premises
During your visit why not have a souvenir photo taken with one of our amazing animals?
During our Feature Creature photo sessions you can choose from a koala, crocodile, python and the daily featured creature:-
9.15am Feature Creature Souvenir photo
10.45am Koala Presentation and Souvenir photo
1.00pm Feature Creature Souvenir photo
3.30pm Feature Creature Souvenir photo
The daily featured creature may include blue tongue lizard, Black cockatoos, frogmouths, lorikeets and more! Just ask our staff on the day you visit.
Opening Hours & Prices
Open daily from 8am to 5pm
Closed Christmas Day (25th December)
(Includes 5 day entry)
Child $18.00 (4-14yrs)
Family: $90.00 (2A+2C)
- Breakfast with the Birds operates from 9:00am to 10:30am
- Lunch with the Lorikeets operates from 12.00pm to 2.00pm
- Curlew Café & bar is open from 8am to 3pm and the licensed bar is open from 10am daily
- YOUR Wildlife Habitat – 24 hour booking notification required
- WildNIGHT Nocturnal tour operates 5:30pm – 7:30pm during Winter and 6:00pm – 8:00pm during Summer, bookings essential
Free parking is available in the Wildlife Habitat carpark.
Wildlife Habitat in Port Douglas is an immersion wildlife experience set across four different habitats. It has recently been voted #4 zoo in Australia in the TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice Award and is rated the #1 zoo in Tropical North Queensland.
The following enclosures/animals are currently off display due to updating or cleaning in their enclosure.
- Partial closure of Estuarine crocodile boardwalk
- Partial closure of Rainforest Boardwalk. Does not interfere with any animal viewing.
- Please be aware that Wildlife Habitat will have ongoing upgrades and construction
Tours & Presentations
9.00am Bird Interactive Experience
9.15am Feature Creature Souvenir Photos
9.30am Rainforest & Cassowary Feeding Tour
10.10am Wetlands Feeding Tour
10.45am Koala Presentation & Souvenir Photos
11.15am Savannah & Lumholtz Tree Kangaroo Tour
11.45am North Queensland Reptile Experience
12.30pm Bird Interactive Experience
1.00pm Feature Creature Souvenir Photos
1.30pm Rainforest & Turtle Feeding Tour
2.10pm Wetlands Feeding Tour
2.40pm Koala Feeding
3.00pm Reptile Interaction
3.30pm Feature Creature Souvenir Photos
4.00pm Savannah & Pelican Feeding Tour
What’s new at Wildlife Habitat?